In today’s world of Vines, tweets, and hashtags, marketing trends come and go faster than you can blink. The result – marketing campaigns can become stale quickly; which is why every once in a while you should refresh your small business marketing campaign. New, clever ideas and designs could be exactly what your small business needs to bring in more customers. Here are a few ways you can freshen up your small business’s marketing:
- Email Marketing | Whether it’s a phone, a tablet, or a computer, people love their devices and always keep them near. You can take advantage of this by staying in touch with emails sharing coupons, special promotions, alerts, and more. Email marketing can be an extremely effective way of getting customers to come back to your business. This spring, give your email campaign a fresh look for the new season to recapture your customers’ attention.
- Phone & Greeting | Many don’t think of it, but your phone can actually be a very effective marketing tool. If you haven’t done so, consider getting a custom phone number, such as 1-800-77-Jewel, to make your brand more memorable. Also, update your phone’s greeting every once in a while to promote special deals and events. Don’t make it too long though! Customers can become annoyed by messages that are lengthy and may end up hanging up and not calling back.
- Sales & Promotions | What better way to bring customers back into your business then with a sale! Hold special sales to eliminate the last of your winter inventory and introduce new products; than promote it far and wide. Social media is one great way to announce a special promotion, but brick and mortar stores should also use signage. New and interesting window displays can catch the eyes of those passing by and signs within the store remind visitors of ongoing sales.
- Get Active | As the warmer weather comes around, communities start to become more active with fairs, parades, farmers markets, and other local events. Participating in these events not only connects your brand to the local community, but it also helps build awareness and interest for your business. Another way to engage is through social media. Make sure you post regular updates on your social networks about company news, events, or even just fun bits of information. The more customers see the “personal” side of your business through activities such as these, the more likely they are to connect with your brand and become loyal customers.
- Seek Advice | A third party opinion could be exactly what your small business marketing needs. By talking with a marketing expert or a marketing outsourcing company, you can create new, effective campaigns and learn what strategies will work the best for your company.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your small business’s marketing campaign. Each period is an opportunity to find new ways to spread your message, and by having fun while you plan and implement, your messaging will come across as much more genuine.